Incredible membership, great price, and great building hours
Join the Michigan Tech Student Development Complex (SDC) for access to all of our incredible facilities and services—our renowned fitness center, swimming pool, climbing wall, racquetball courts, multipurpose room, and more. Members also enjoy discounts on adult and youth community programs.
Memberships are available in a variety of packages for individual members, couples, youth, and families. Special group and corporate rates are available. Community members and those not affiliated with Tech are welcome! Faculty and staff may use their TechFit benefits for memberships and community programs. Michigan Tech students have access to all facilities through student fees.
- Purchase your membership at the SDC Ticket Office.
- Families must purchase a single-rate annual membership before discounts are honored.
- Children under three are admitted free.
- Adult supervision is required for children under age 12. Fitness Center participants must be 16 years old for admittance without a parent. Children between ages 12-15 must have parental supervision while in the Fitness Center and must purchase a SDC personal training session prior to admittance to the Fitness Center.
Purchase an annual membership for the best deal! Annual members enjoy full access to our facilities, plus the following great benefits:
- 20 percent discount off adult community program fees
- 10 percent discount off youth community program fees
- Husky Club benefits include a $25 discount for the first annual SDC membership
- Convenient payroll deduction plans for Michigan Tech faculty and staff
- Complimentary mini lockers are available in the Fitness Center and Pool area (ideal for ID's, wallets, phones, etc.)
Child (age 4-18 w/ family membership)
|Youth (age 12 thru high school)|
|Spouse (w/ID)||Dependent (w/ID)|
|Two consecutive semesters||Free||$100||$100|
* All participants must be current employees (or dependent if applicable) of the company initiating a corporate purchase.
Each business must designate a company liaison for general communication purposes.
All corporate memberships are annual and must be purchased at one time through the employee's organization. Shorter term memberships may be purchased at the discount rate set with initial corporate purchase (additional 'mid-year' membership purchases will not increase the discount rate). Additional purchases must be approved by both the company liaison and Michigan Tech Recreation.
Current SDC members must honor their active membership before becoming eligible to purchase a corporate rate.
Corporate memberships are non-refundable.
Corporate members are subject to policies and procedures of the Student Development Complex and Michigan Technological University.
Action Passes and Daily Passes
Action passes provide a discount over daily passes and are good for a full year from the date of purchase.
|Action Passes||Daily Passes|
|Length of Pass||Rate||Group Size||Per-person Rate|
Locker OR Towel Rental
|Annual Locker Rental||$65 + $10 Deposit||Two Consecutive Semesters Student Locker Rental||$50 + $10 Deposit|
|9 Month Locker Rental||$55 + $10 Deposit||Two Consecutive Semesters Student Towel Service||$10|
|6 Month Locker Rental||$45 + $10 Deposit||One Semester Student Locker Rental||$35 + $10 deposit|
|3 Month Locker Rental||$40 + $10 Deposit||One Semester Student Towel Service||$5|
|Daily Locker Rental OR Towel Service||$2||Daily Locker Rental OR Towel Service||$2|
Sports Equipment Rental
To rent the "No Charge" equipment, please present your SDC Membership card, Michigan Tech Student ID, or Day Pass to the multipurpose ID desk attendant. All other equipment requires a written receipt from the SDC Ticket Office.
|Badminton Net||No Charge|
|Volleyball Net||No Charge|
|Wallyball Net||No Charge|