Incredible membership, great price, and great building hours
Join the Michigan Tech Student Development Complex (SDC) for access to all of our incredible facilities and services—our renowned fitness center, swimming pool, climbing wall, racquetball courts, multipurpose room, shooting range, and more. Members also enjoy discounts on adult and youth HuskiesFit programs. Take the SDC Virtual Tour.
Memberships are available in a variety of packages for individual members, couples, youth, and families. Special group and corporate rates are available. Community members and those not affiliated with Tech are welcome! Faculty and staff may use their TechFit benefits for memberships and HuskiesFit programs. Michigan Tech students have access to all facilities through student fees. Michigan Tech student spouse/partner and dependents also have access to the facilities at a discounted price.
- Purchase your membership at the SDC Ticket Office.
- Families must purchase a single-rate annual membership before discounts are honored.
- Children under three are admitted free.
- Adult supervision is required for children under age 12. Fitness Center participants must be 16 years old for admittance without a parent. Children between ages 12-15 must have parental supervision while in the Fitness Center and must purchase a SDC personal training session prior to admittance to the Fitness Center.
- SDC CUSTOMER PARKING REGULATIONS - Lot 22 has a two-hour parking limit Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Customers may purchase extended parking passes at the SDC Ticket Office.
Purchase an annual membership for the best deal! Annual members enjoy full access to our facilities, plus the following great benefits:
- 20 percent discount off adult HuskiesFit program fees
- 10 percent discount off youth HuskiesFit program fees
- Husky Club benefits include a $25 discount for the first annual SDC membership
- Convenient payroll deduction plans for Michigan Tech faculty and staff
- Complimentary mini lockers are available in the Fitness Center and Pool area (ideal for ID's, wallets, phones, etc.)
- Towel service
- Access to spacious locker rooms with showers and saunas. Lockers available for rent.
- Complimentary sports equipment issue at Information Desk.
|July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018|
Child (age 4-18 w/ family membership)
|Youth (age 12 thru high school)|
Action Passes and Daily Passes
Action passes provide a discount over daily passes, are good for a full year from the date of purchase and are transferable among family members (excludes action passes purchased using TechFit).
|Length of Pass||Rate|
|Group Size||Per-Person Rate|
Locker OR Towel Rental*
The SDC has separate men's and women's public locker rooms, as well as two men's membership locker rooms and two women's membership locker rooms. These locker rooms provide access to the pool, showers and sauna. A gender-neutral locker room is also available and swipe access is granted by contacting email@example.com or by purchasing this locker rental at the SDC ticket office. Effective spring semester, January 9, 2017, no hockey equipment will be allowed to be stored in these locker rooms.
The SDC is a family oriented facility, however, due to no available space for a family locker room, when children of the opposite sex are in the locker room with their guardian, we ask that both parties respect the safety and privacy of others and use discrection. Bathroom stalls and curtained showers are also available for privacy. Access to the pool area for a family not needing a locker room is available by the pool office.
*Towel service is included in non-student SDC memberships.
|Annual Locker Rental||$65 + $10 Deposit||Two Consecutive Semesters Student Locker Rental||$50 + $10 Deposit|
|9 Month Locker Rental||$55 + $10 Deposit||Two Consecutive Semesters Student Towel Service||$10|
|6 Month Locker Rental||$45 + $10 Deposit||One Semester Student Locker Rental||$35 + $10 deposit|
|3 Month Locker Rental||$40 + $10 Deposit||One Semester Student Towel Service||$5|
|Daily Locker Rental OR Towel Service||$2||Daily Locker Rental OR Towel Service||$2|
Please present your SDC Membership card, Michigan Tech Student ID, or Day Pass to the multipurpose ID desk attendant to sign out the available equipment.