Registration and payment can be completed online, by phone at 906-487-2073, or at the SDC Ticket Office. Participants must sign a waiver of liability and PADI required forms (liability release assumption of risk, medical statement, and statement of understanding) prior to participation. The SDC is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Please do not leave valuables unattended.
This course includes 10 hours of academic instruction (may be completed, all or in part, independently), 5 hours in confined water (SDC Pool) and 4 certification dives (Marquette). Also, following registration, course books will be provided to students where worksheets will need to be completed prior to the first class. Class size is limited.
Appropriate swimwear (bathing suits, no cutoffs or street clothes) and a towel. Must be 18 years old and be able to swim 200 yards comfortably.
- Friday, September 28, 5:00-8:00 p.m. SDC Rm 237, 8:00-10:00 p.m. Pool
- Saturday, September 29, 8:00-10:00 a.m. Pool, 12:00-4:00 p.m. SDC Rm 237, 5:00-10:00 p.m. Pool
- Sunday, September 30 (if necessary), 8:00-10:00 a.m. Pool, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. SDC Rm 237
- Saturday, October 20 TBD (Off-site dive location in Marquette, MI)
- Sunday, October 21 TBD (Off-site dive location in Marquette, MI)
$475/person (includes all instruction, fees and training materials)
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to all of the class sites, including the SDC and dive location in Marquette.
Deadline to register: September 14
About the Instructor
Scott Thomas is a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer and has been introducing people to the underwater world since 2001. He holds 14 professional SCUBA certifications and has been presented with PADI’s Elite Instructor Award each year since its introduction in 2013. He loves sharing his passion for SCUBA with his students and takes great joy in watching them experience their first breath.