Want to work at the best place on campus? We are hiring! Apply Now!
The OAP relies heavily on student employees to create, plan and deliver our programs, including gear rental and trips. We are going to be saying goodbye to a large group of students who will be moving on to bigger and better things As a result, we need to add to our team!
What does it take to be a successful OAP candidate for employment?
Here are a few things that we are looking for in our student employees:
1. Previous outdoor recreation experience, preferably in a leadership role.
2. Desire to plan and share outdoor experiences with other students.
3. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines for planning and marketing.
4. Organized, detail oriented, and motivated to provide excellent outdoor recreation opportunities to Michigan Tech and the local community.
5. Prior customer service experience and excellent customer services skills.
We are currently looking for summer staff during this round of interviews. Summer staff will be offered continuing employment thorugh the academic year with reduced hours to accomodate academics. Summer staff positions will include:
- Bike Maintenance and Programming(Jr. Mtn Bike Camp, Planned Rides, etc.)
- Equipment Rental Desk(checking in and out equipment, repairing damages, customer service, etc.)
- Trips and Events(challenge course, log rolling, paddle demos, Canoe the Sturgeon, etc.)
Most of our summer staff will assume the role of more than one position. For example: Weekend rental center staff may assist with a weekday challenge course event. All summer staff will be trained to complete most positions, with the Bike Mechanic being the exception.
You can find example job descriptions for our summer employment here.
We encourage all who are interested to submit an application here.
As a part of the application and interview process, applicants will be required to participate in a group activity session. This will be used to supplement a sit down interview as most of our work involves leading or working with groups. The group activity session is scheduled for Tuesday March 6, 2018, 6pm-8pm. Sit down interviews will be determined the week following the group activity, with interviews taking place after Spring Break.