Michigan Tech Recreation is pleased to announce the summer P.O.W.E.R. SKATING HOCKEY CLINIC. The schedule will include sessions for youth hockey players 8U through high school. The on-ice focus will consist of deep edge control, quick transitions, agility and balance drills as well as many other skating movements that are applicable to the game of hockey. Whether you need to make improvements on certain skating skills or further develop skills that you already know, this clinic will cater to all of your skating and training needs.
Age groups are for the 2019-2020 hockey season. Please note that the schedule times and/or age groupings are subject to slight adjustments or changes based on the number of players enrolled at each age group. If need be, you will be notified of any changes before the start of the clinic.
Daily Ice Schedule
Tuesday-Thursday, August 6-8
- 8U/10U - 6:00-6:50 p.m.
- 12U & Up - 7:00-7:50 p.m.
Full equipment required.
$55 Pre-registration via email before July 31
$65 In person walk-up
Registration: Email Marcie Kierpiec on or before July 31, 2019. Include parent name, phone number, participant name, clinic age group and level of play for 2019-20 season.
Payment: Cash/check payable to Marcie Kierpiec prior to first session on Tuesday evening. A parent or guardian must sign a waiver of liability.
About the Instructor
The instructor for these sessions is Marcie Kierpiec. Below are some of her coaching highlights:
- Level 4 coach through USA Hockey with 33 years of coaching experience
- Lead skating instructor for the Michigan High School Hockey Excellence Program and the U18 Compuware AAA team in Plymouth, MI
- Off-ice strength coach for U18 Compuware AAA team
- Recently completed her degree in Exercise Science with a focus on Strength and Conditioning which included an internship (Fall 2016) with USA Hockey's NTDP where she worked with both the U18 and U17 teams during their off-ice training sessions as well as on ice with the U17 team by assisting their regular power skating instructor
- Lead skating instructor for a number of youth hockey teams in lower Michigan, including the Saginaw Junior Spirit (08's & 09's), Lansing Spartans (PeeWee AA) and the Lapeer Hericanes (Girls' team)