November 7, 2019
Snow is here and gromming has officialy begun on the Michigan Tech Trails! Here are a couple of reminders to help our users and staff prepare for the upcoming season:
- Safety Note: Please do not ride the wrong way on trails. Trails with steep hills are intended to be one direction to avoid collisions and injury. One-way trails have a Do Not Enter sign posted on the wrong-way trail entrance. Please keep a lookout for these signs and stay safe on the trails!
- Trail passes can be purchased at the SDC Ticket Office. All users should have a student ID or a valid trails pass while using our Tech Trails.
- The OAP operation has moved to the mail trailhead Systems Control Wax Center. Stop by and see the changes!
- Please email email@example.com for trail maintenance or concerns. We will fix the issue promptly.
- Dogs on leashes are restricted to the Tolkien, Nara, Isle Royale & Superior trails via the following access points - softball fields, Nara & Tolkien. No dogs at main trailhead.
- Snowshoe trails include Isle Royale, Superior Loop, Tolkien Trails and River Loop.
- Snow Bikes (Fat Tire) may ride on Isle Royale, Superior, Tolkien and River Loops.
- Lights will turn on at 5:00 a.m. and will turn off at 9:30 p.m. Lighted trailed are Birch, Isle Royale, Oak, Balsam, Linden, and Peepsock.
- Please adhere to trail closures due to trail base grooming preparation.
- Those interested in volunteering for upcoming Nordic Ski events please use the links below:
|Birch Loop||Rolled||Oak Loop||Rolled|
|Pine Loop||Rolled||Isle Royale Loop||Rolled|
|Superior Loop||Rolled||Core Loop||Rolled|
|Linden Loop||Rolled||Peepsock Loop||Rolled|
|Cemetary Loop||Rolled||Balsam Loop||Rolled|
|Maple Loop||Rolled||Skidder Loop||Rolled|
|Down Under Loop||Rolled||Royalwood Loop||Rolled|
|Tanglewood Loop||Rolled||Homestead Loop||Rolled|
|Nara Loop||Rolled||River Trail||Not groomed|
|Troll Loop||Not groomed||Ent Loop||Not groomed|
|Ring Loop||Not groomed||Hobbit Loop||Not groomed|
|Gnome Loop||Not groomed||Elf Loop||Not Groomed|
Thank you for supporting the Michigan Tech Trails by purchasing a membership or day pass!